the now semi-yearly book club
Okie Dokie,
Let's get on this. Who's read this book? I have not and realistically, I don't think I'm going to get to it. So, here's what I suggest....
Who ever has read it, step forward. Whomever you might be you should get together in the next couple of weeks at Todd's place or over ice cream or coffee or something and have a lovely discussion. Then we pick another book. Since not many have read the book (that I know of), how about we all suggest a book via the blog and then we vote like we did last time. Or the loyal readers can have the honor.
I also suggest that if you haven't yet finished it and really want to, get on it. I'd like us to have another book to read sometime in September and meet in October.
Whatdaya think? Do you have another suggestion? Do I sound pushy? Please post your response.
Shelly
Let's get on this. Who's read this book? I have not and realistically, I don't think I'm going to get to it. So, here's what I suggest....
Who ever has read it, step forward. Whomever you might be you should get together in the next couple of weeks at Todd's place or over ice cream or coffee or something and have a lovely discussion. Then we pick another book. Since not many have read the book (that I know of), how about we all suggest a book via the blog and then we vote like we did last time. Or the loyal readers can have the honor.
I also suggest that if you haven't yet finished it and really want to, get on it. I'd like us to have another book to read sometime in September and meet in October.
Whatdaya think? Do you have another suggestion? Do I sound pushy? Please post your response.
Shelly



6 Comments:
i vote shelly's idea sounds good.
am about 40 pages in and it's like dragging nails down a chalkboard for me to get into this thing.
i also vote for the things they carry or tesla.
Alas! I have read the book and would love to meet with whoever has read it to discuss it.
Are we selecting a book from the last meeting or are we suggesting new books?
Feel free to suggest a new title.
I think we automatically consider the top two not selected from the previous meeting and anything else someone suggests.
So far...
Tesla
Hell's Angels
The Things They Carry (Jel)
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (Me)
Hi! I've been checking periodically - I was worried now that Nic is all the way in Seattle :( I would lose my connection - thank goodness for the blog! I am about 100 pages from the end of Winter's Tale. I would love to discuss it. This is a very bold statement, but it may be my favorite book I have ever read. Kathryn - I have recommended it to a few other people (who are reading it now) so if we want to do a one time rouge discussion, I can round them up? In any case, I'd be happy to also pick another book - any of the ones from the last meeting sound good to me. Either way, I look forward to joining you guys again...
I am close enough to the end that I could finish before a meeting. Just pick a date--Sundays are best for me.
I don't care what book we read next. Just choose and post--my brain literally hurts and I am tired of making decisions.
So, here it is: WINTER'S TALE DISCUSSION - Sunday, September 23, 3:00pm @ Urban Grind, www.urbangrindatl.com (962 Marietta St, 30318) Please join us. I'll have one or two of my friends who have read the novel there as well - please let me know if this is a bad time for you. Looking forward to it!
Post a Comment
<< Home