More RE: Buying Local
Thanks Todd! I recently read the article in Time. And you are right--eating locally is something that people have been talking about for several years. CSA's have been featured in several magazines over many years.
I joined a CSA that I found through www.localharvest.org. Although it was spurred on by this book, I have been looking into CSA's for several years. I finally found one with availablity, local pickup, and was able to get in before the deadline (which was my problem last year). Huckleberry Hill Farm is located in Alabama (yes, it is still within a few hours drive) and recently went through organic certification. I will let everyone know how it goes.
Thanks Todd! I recently read the article in Time. And you are right--eating locally is something that people have been talking about for several years. CSA's have been featured in several magazines over many years.
I joined a CSA that I found through www.localharvest.org. Although it was spurred on by this book, I have been looking into CSA's for several years. I finally found one with availablity, local pickup, and was able to get in before the deadline (which was my problem last year). Huckleberry Hill Farm is located in Alabama (yes, it is still within a few hours drive) and recently went through organic certification. I will let everyone know how it goes.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home