By the Book
Hear ye, Hear ye! Janet and I are staring a Book Club! And we are recruiting. If you received an email invitation from Janet or I to view this blog, we want you! We also want you to invite one friend. Before we get ahead of ourselves though, I think we should read up on how to do this thing right.
I've taken the liberty of highlighting a few of the more pertinent items...
I hope you want to join us! Please comment if you do... or don't. But you do! You do!
-Shelly
I've taken the liberty of highlighting a few of the more pertinent items...
"The ideal number for a book club, I think, is somewhere between 6 and 12 - not so small as there are likely to be frequent lapses in the conversation, not so big that it'll be impossible to sustain a single, focused discussion. "
"It's best to get a group of people that represent a range of different backgrounds and viewpoints, to ensure nice, lively discussions, so don't worry if you have to move beyond your usual social circle in order to find willing participants. "
There are of course additional important tips in the article. This is a reading group, so don't be afraid to read the whole thing.I hope you want to join us! Please comment if you do... or don't. But you do! You do!
-Shelly



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home